Enjoy Life Natural Brands is expanding the recall of its baked goods due to the possibility of small pieces of hard plastic inside the food.
The first reminder was released on June 30, but an update shared by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on July 22 includes four additional products. The expanded recall is the result of the company’s internal investigation into the issue, it said in the announcement.
Here are the recalled products and their expiration dates in parentheses.
- Enjoy Life Soft Baked Cookies – Snickerdoodle, 6 Ounce Pack (2/4/2023, 3/4/2023 & 3/10/2023)
- Enjoy Life Soft Baked Cookies – Chocolate Chip, 6 Ounce Pack (2/5/2023, 2/6/2023 & 3/5/2023)
- Enjoy Life Soft Baked Cookies – Double Chocolate Brownie, 6 Ounce Pack (03/06/2023)
- Enjoy Life Soft Baked Cookies – Sunflower Butter Chocolate Chips, 6 oz pack (3/3/2023)
- Enjoy Life Soft Baked Cookies – Monster, 6 Ounce Pack (2/6/2023 & 3/3/2023)
- Enjoy Life Chew Bars – Sunseed Crunch, 5.75 Ounce Pack (03/03/2023)
- Enjoy Life Chewy Bars – Caramel Blondie, 5.75 Ounce Pack (03/03/2023 & 03/04/2023)
- Enjoy Life Soft Baked Fruit and Oat Breakfast Ovals – Apple Cinnamon, 8.8 Ounce Pack (2/3/2023, 2/4/2023, 2/12/2023, 2/13/2023, 2/20/2023, 3/ 12/2023 and 13/03/2023)
- Enjoy Life Soft Baked Fruit and Oat Breakfast Ovals – Chocolate Chip Banana, 8.8 Ounce Pack (12/31/2022, 1/6/2023, 1/7/2023, 1/19/2023, 1/20/2023 and 02/12/2023)
- Enjoy Life Soft Baked Fruit and Oat Breakfast Ovals – Berry Medley, 8.8 Ounce Pack (2/3/2023, 2/10/2023, 2/11/2023, 2/17/2023 & 3/10/2023)
- Enjoy Life Brownie Bites – Rich Chocolate, 4.76 Ounce Pack (1/10/2023)
- Enjoy Life Brownie Bites – Salted Caramel, 4.76 Ounce Pack (1/10/2023)
- Enjoy Life Soft Baked Cookies – Amazon Variety Pack (24/09/2022 and 20/01/2023)
- Trader Joe’s Softer Baked Snickerdoodle Cookies, 6 Ounce Pack (02/03/2023)
The recall is limited to the above products and their specific expiration dates. Other Enjoy Life products are not affected by the recall, according to the company’s notice. Stores nationwide, including some Trader Joe’s locations, sold the now recalled baked goods. They were also sold online and in Canada.
The company encourages anyone who owns these baked goods to throw them away or return them to the place of purchase for a refund. More product information and label images are available at the FDA website.
Looking for more information on recalls?
We are always on the lookout for food safety alerts. For up-to-date information on food and drink products that have been recalled, see this page, which is updated regularly.