Six types of Enjoy Life baked goods are being recalled in Canada and the United States because pieces of hard plastic may have contaminated the items.
“The recalled products were sold nationally and online,” reads a recall warning from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency issued on Saturday.
“This recall was triggered by a recall in another country,” the disclaimer adds. “There have been no reported injuries associated with the consumption of these products.”
The products are:
- Enjoy LifeSoft Baked Cookies – Snickerdoodle, 170 grams, UPC 8 53522 00018 4, best before 23/MR/10.
- Enjoy LifeSoft Baked Cookies – Chocolate Chip, 170 grams, UPC 8 53522 00019 1, best before MR/23/05 and MR/23/12.
- Enjoy LifeSoft Baked Cookies – Double Chocolate Brownie, 170 grams, UPC 8 53522 00021 4, best before MR/23/06.
- Enjoy LifeChewy Bars – Chocolate Chip & Caramel, 165 grams, UPC 8 19597 01133 3, best before MR/23/03.
- Enjoy LifeBreakfast Ovals – Chocolate Chip & Banana, 250 Grams, UPC 8 19597 01270 5, best before JA/23/18 and JA/23/19.
- Enjoy LifeBreakfast Ovals – Berry Medley, 250 grams, UPC 8 19597 01271 2, best per 23/FE/10 and 23/MR/10.
“Do not consume, use, sell, serve or distribute the recalled products,” reads the CFIA’s warning, posted on the Healthy Canadians website. “The recalled products should be discarded or returned to where purchased.”
The agency said a food safety investigation was underway and other products may also need to be recalled.
Enjoy Life Natural Brands, LLC is headquartered in Chicago.
A June 30 notice on its website said the company was voluntarily recalling specified products in the United States due to the possible presence of hard plastic parts.
“The company became aware of this issue as a result of internal quality assurance monitoring,” he said.