One of the best collaborations on Studio 814 – Santa Claus and Becca Parrish from Bakery products from Becca. From peanut butter blossoms to chocolate chip cookies and old-fashioned oatmeal cookies, Becca shares her recipe and takes her cookies to the “Santa’s Test.”
For old-fashioned vanilla oatmeal cookies that melt in your mouth, try the Recipe below:
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; put aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until fluffy. Stir in egg and vanilla until blended. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder and nutmeg in a bowl. Fold into the butter mixture. Gently stir in oatmeal until well combined.
- Shape the dough into rounded balls the size of a golf ball (about 2 tablespoons each). Place on the prepared baking sheet (I put 9 per sheet). Flatten with the bottom of a measuring cup dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Santa Claus gives these cookies a 5 out of 5! Let us know if you’re trying to bake these delicious oatmeal cookies this holiday season.
Register for the WTAJ newsletter for the latest local news, weather and community events that matter to you.